with Honey Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Roasted Garlic Demi Glace
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
2 Lb. Pork Tenderloin
1 C. Crushed Gingersnap Cookies
1 T. Basil (Either Fried or Dried)
1 C. Flour
1 C. Milk
6 T. Butter (Divided Ingredients)
10 Cloves of Garlic, Roasted
1 T Fresh Thyme
¼ C. Dark Brown Sugar
½ C. Port Wine
1 C. Beef Stock
1 T. Corn Starch
4 lb. Sweet Potatoes (Peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
½ C. Heavy Cream (Warmed Up)
2 T. Honey
2 C. Fresh Spinach (Sautéed)
2 T. Vegetable Oil
Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
Step 1: Preparing the tenderloin
1. Begin preparing the pork tenderloins by removing from the package and patting them dry. Next cut them into 4 equal-sized pieces.
2. Now you need to make a basic egg wash by combining your eggs and milk together and whisking vigorously. Next mix your crushed gingersnap cookies and fried basil together. Reserve both of these to the side.
3. Set up the breading station in this order using whatever large surface containers you have. One of each of the following, Flour, Egg wash and one with crushed gingersnap cookies and basil mix.
4. Now begin breading the tenderloins coating each piece completely with flour. Then place the flour coated tenderloins into the egg wash mixture and coat evenly again. Next place pork tenderloin into your cookie mixture ensuring to coat pork tenderloin completely.
Step 2: Cooking tenderloin and Making Sweet Potatoes
1. Begin by placing diced sweet potatoes in a medium-sized saucepot and filling with enough water to cover the sweet potatoes. Place on the stove over medium-high heat and cook until fork-tender. Finish by incorporating cream, butter, and honey and whipping with a whisk until potatoes are fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
2. While your potatoes are cooking preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Rub a baking sheet with a little bit of vegetable oil and place breaded tenderloin on the pan.
When the oven is at the correct temperature place tenderloins and cooks to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Step 3: Making the sauce and presentation
1. Begin making your sauce by sautéing roasted garlic and Fresh Thyme in a small saucepot. Next add port wine, brown sugar, and Beef Stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Finish by thickening with Corn Starch and seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Present pork by slicing each piece into 7 pieces and shingling on top of a bed of sautéed spinach. Then place a large spoonful of sweet potatoes in the middle. Next Spoon a generous amount of sauce over the tenderloin and spinach. Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.