Chef's Recipes and Tips
Learn about recipes and culinary tips from the kitchen at Reel Seafood Co.
- 3 oz. Corzo Tequila
- 2 Wedges of Lemon
- 2 Wedges of Orange
- 2 Wedges of Lime
- 1 tbsp. Agave Nectar
- Cubed Ice
- Sparkling Water
- In a pint glass, add 2 wedges each of lemon, orange and lime.
- Add tequila and agave nectar.
- Muddle the ingredients together. Gently release the juices to incorporate the flavors. Don't mash.
- Fill pint glass to the top with ice.
- Using a cocktail shaker to top the pint glass, gently roll the ingredients back and forth. Don't shake as you don't want to bruise the tequila.
- Pour content into a wine glass and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with an orange wedge, add a straw and serve.
- 1 1/2 oz. Absolut Vanilla Flavored Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1/2 oz. White Chocolate Godiva Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Pumpkin Spiced Schnapps
- Fresh Ground Cinnamon
- Chill a martini glass in the freezer or by adding ice and water and discarding ice and water before pouring in drink.
- Fill a pint glass with ice or use an all-in-one shaker.
- Add all liquid ingredients in the pint glass.
- Add a dash of ground cinnamon.
- Shake well.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into the chilled martini glass.
- Add a dash of ground cinnamon and serve.
Over-cooked salmon becomes dry and unpalatable. Because salmon continues cooking after being removed from the heat, cook only until it feels firm when pressed lightly with the back of a fork. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Grasp the oyster or clam firmly with one hand.
- Place it on a towel so the oyster or clam doesn't slip.
- Dig your oyster knife into the divot nearest the hinge. Be careful not to apply to much force as this may cause you to slip and stab your hand.
- Twist the oyster knife to open the shell.
- Once the shell is slightly opened, continue to follow the opening around and twisting the knife.
- Once the shell is completely open, scrape the top inside of the shell to seperate the muscle.
- Seperate the muscle from the bottom as well.
- Be sure not to lose the juice or brine. This gives tremendous flavor when eating.
- You can serve with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce, horseradish, hot sauce and more.